Please Visit Our Sponsor
Lotus Leaf Chicken
Copyright Yutopian 2000
Ingredients:One whole chicken, Virginia ham (50 grams), mushrooms (50 grams), lotus leaf, cooking oil (50 grams).
Spices:Ginger wine (15 grams, mince and soak 5 grams of ginger in 10 grams of cooking wine overnight), cornstarch 20 grams, salt (2 grams), MSG (2 grams), sesame oil, chicken broth 75 grams.
Procedure:1) Debone chicken and cut into 5 mm thick slices (approximately 5 cm x 2 cm). Marinate chicken with ginger wine, MSG, salt and cornstarch.
2) Cut ham into 1 mm thin slices. Chop each mushroom into two pieces. Arrange chicken, ham and mushroom in a large bowl with chicken skin facing the bottom of the bowl.
3) Put chicken bones on a plate, mixed with salt, MSG, cooking wine, cornstarch, and oil.
4) Steam both chicken meat (in the bowl) and chicken bone (on the plate) for 20 minutes. Pour sauce from the plate (chicken bone) onto the chicken meat (in the bowl).
5) Broil lotus leaf in boiling water and place it on a plate. Place chicken bowl up side down on the lotus leaf. Steam for 10 minutes. Pour fluid from the lotus plate inside a bowl to be used in 6).
6) Heat up wok and add one tablespoon of oil. Add half a cup of broth, cooking oil, fluid from 5), MSG, and salt. Thicken with cornstarch solution. Pour sauce on top of chicken and add sesame oil. Serve
Bookmark This Page
Send This Page To A Friend
Place Your Ad Here For As Little As $1 Per Day
About Us | Add URL | Advertise with Us | Auction | Awards | Contact Us | Discussion Forum | Links | Search This Site | Send This Page | Shop | Top Ten Sites
Copyright 2000 Yutopian, All Rights Reserved