Please Visit Our Sponsor
Compeling Arguments Against Same-Sex Marriage
O'Reilly said Tuesday (3/26/2013) on Fox. "That's where the compelling argument is 'We're Americans. We just want to be treated like everybody else.' That's a compelling argument, and to deny that, you have got to have a very strong argument on the other side. The argument on the other side hasn't been able to do anything but thump the Bible."
Mr. O'Reilly was wrong. Here are the compelling arguments against same-sex marriage.1) Statistically, 75.7% of all HIV/AIDS cases occur among gay men, the rest most likely transmitted through bisexual men. If you believe in God, this shows that God is against homosexuality. If you don't believe in God, then one can say the nature is against homosexuality.
2) Giving right to same-sex marriage is opening up precedence to other cases. Soon, people will say that people who want to marry their kids, siblings, parents have rights too. People who want to marry young children have rights too. People who want to marry animals have rights too. Is there an end to this nonsense?
3) The issue here is not about equality. I strongly agree with Rev. Rick Warren and am quoting what he said, "Much of this debate is not really about civil rights, but a desire for approval. The fact that 70% of blacks supported Prop 8 shows they don't believe it is a civil rights issue. Gays in California already have their rights. What they desire is approval and validation from those who disagree with them, and they are willing to force it by law if necessary. Any disapproval is quickly labeled "hate speech". Imagine if we held that standard in every other disagreement Americans have? There would be no free speech. That's why, on the traditional marriage side, many saw Prop 8 as a free speech issue: Don't force me to validate a lifestyle I disagree with. It is not the same as marriage." And many saw the Teacher's Union contribution of $3 million against Prop 8, as an effort to insure that children would be taught to approve what most parents disapprove of."
4) Gay Couples are Not Committed to the Kind of Monogamous Relationships as Signified by Marriage (Family Research Council) The evidence is overwhelming that homosexual and lesbian "committed" relationships are not the equivalent of marriage. In addition, there is little evidence that homosexuals and lesbians truly desire to commit themselves to the kind of monogamous relationships as signified by marriage. What remains, then, is the disturbing possibility that behind the demands for "gay marriage" lurks an agenda of undermining the very nature of the institution of marriage. Click Here for more details
5) Gay Couples Don't Make Good Parents (Family Research Council) The articles by Marks and Regnerus have completely changed the playing field for debates about homosexual parents, "gay families," and same-sex "marriage." The myths that children of homosexual parents are "no different" from other children and suffer "no harm" from being raised by homosexual parents have been shattered forever. Click Here for more details
6) A Gay Person's Opposition to Same-Sex Marriage Marriage is not an elastic term. It is immutable. It offers the very best for children and society. We should not adulterate nor mutilate its definition, thereby denying its riches to current and future generations. Click Here for more details
7) A Testimony of a Gay Person Who Repented from this Lifestyle Christopher Yuan learned that his identity should not be defined by feeling or sexuality, not to be defined by gay, homosexuality or even heterosexuality, but his identity should be a child of God, in Jesus Christ alone. He learned that the opposite of homosexuality is holiness. God wants us to be holy for He is holy (Leviticus 11:44-45; 1 Peter 1:16). He repented of his sinfully lifestyle. Click Here for more details
8) Last but not least. The Bible does teach that homosexuality is an abomination to God. Leviticus 18:22- You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13- If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."
Romans 1:16-17- That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11- Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NLT)
1 Timothy 1:8-10- Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine ... (ESV)
This should have been the first and most important reason. We put this last because Mr. O'Reilly said opponents of same-sex marriage have not been able to do anything but thumb the Bible. As this article has shown, this is absolutely untrue.
The Following are Outreach Articles Angels and Demons
Bible, Christmas Trees and Easter
Is the Burning Hell Real
Love Romantic and Wedding Poems
A Painless Method of Suicide
Purpose Driven Life
The Record of Virgin Mary and Suicide Blue
The Seeker Friendly Church (Sensitive Movement)
Teenage Suicide (Teen Suicide, Teenager Suicide)
Is the Burning Hell Real
What's the Will of God Why Does God Allow Suffering?
Return to Main Page
Bookmark This Page
Send This Page To A Friend
Place Your Ad Here For As Little As $1 Per Day
About Us | Add URL | Advertise with Us | Auction | Awards | Contact Us | Discussion Forum | Links | Search This Site | Send This Page | Shop | Top Ten Sites
Copyright 2000 Yutopian, All Rights Reserved