The East Orthodox Church was also known as the 'Russian Church', or the 'St. Mary Sabbath Church'
was first built in 1685 (Qing Dynasty).
It is located inside the Dong Zhi Gate, in Hutong of Hujiayuan. It was the home of the
Russian East Orthodox Missionary. The property is huge, with a total of 376 buildings. The church collapsed during
an earthquake and was rebuilt in 1932. It was torn down in 1956, and is now the Russian Ambassador Building in Beijing.